Plantar fasciitis is an annoying condition that causes pain in the heels. A piece of flat tissue connects the heel bone to the toes to support the arch of the foot. Excessive straining of the plantar fasciitis and not taking good care of it results in pain that occurs when you walk or stand, especially after getting up from a resting position.
The stabbing pain can be treated at home using a good massaging tool. It will help the pain resolve and allow you to get back to your normal activities. This guide will help you buy the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis.
Quick Answer: Here are the Best Foot Massager Reviewed
What are the Main Causes of Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis is common in middle-aged and older people. But it also occurs at a younger age when people don’t take enough care of their feet.
The tissue of the plantar fasciitis absorbs shock when you walk or run, and it usually stays in good shape. However, there are some risk factors that cause repetitive tears in the tissue that manifest in the form of throbbing pain.
- Age: As we grow older the tissues become weaker and more prone to tearing. When the tissue tears, it typically heals itself, but the healing process slows down with age, and this can cause pain in the plantar fasciitis. Most people over the age of 40 are prone to heel pain.
- Weight: Every extra pound of weight puts more pressure on your plantar fasciitis. Being overweight puts you at risk for heel pain.
- Types of exercise: Working out is great for your health, but there are certain types of exercise that put extra pressure on your plantar fasciitis. These include ballet dancing, jumping, and long distance running. Practicing these exercises can contribute to the early onset of heel pain before the age of 40.
- Wearing the wrong shoes: You should always wear good shoes that have enough cushioning to protect your ligaments from excessive straining, especially while exercising. Buying cheaply made shoes can be the reason behind heel pain.
- Lifestyle: If you usually spend lots of time standing while working, then you’re at high risk. Factory workers, doctors, teachers, and chemists are more likely to suffer from plantar fasciitis because they rarely get the chance to sit down. If you spend long hours standing or walking on hard surfaces like concrete, you might suffer from this painful condition later on in life.
- Feet anatomy: If you suffer from abnormal foot anatomy, you are at risk of heel pain. Having a low or exceptionally high arch means that you’ve got to wear the right type of shoes to protect yourself from this painful condition.
In the beginning, the pain is not that severe and is usually tolerable. It lasts for a few seconds or minutes after you get up, but soon enough you’re able to move comfortably. But with the time, it becomes more severe and can affect the way you walk.
People usually start to shift their weight and walk in the wrong way to relieve the heel pain. In the long run, this leads to foot, knee, and hip problems. This is why you should try to deal with your plantar fasciitis problem as soon as it happens.
Reviews of Top 9 Foot Massagers for Plantar Fasciitis
Ignoring the injury of plantar fasciitis can result in chronic pain where surgery becomes the only option. To avoid such complications, it’s smart to invest in a good foot massager that will keep the ligaments healthy.
Here are our top 9 choices of foot massagers for plantar fasciitis.
1. TheraFlow Dual Foot Massager Roller (Large)
- High-quality Theaceae wood.
- Manual design.
- 24 knobs for acupuncture pressure.
- Affordable option.
This massager is suitable for people who wish to keep their feet comfortable when they’re away from home. You don’t need access to a power source because this manual foot massager keeps your feet healthy using a simple rolling motion.
People who are looking for a portable device will love this one as it weighs only 1.6 pounds and is suitable for all feet sizes. It can easily fit into your backpack to keep your feet healthy.
It’s made of Theaceae wood that feels good against your skin to provide all-purpose healing to injured ligaments. The wood is sturdy and comes with floor protection so you can use it wherever you are.
Thanks to the acupuncture pressure, this device can treat neuropathy and other painful conditions that can limit your motion. It benefits from reflexology principles to alleviate pain in different parts of the body while enhancing blood circulation.
This massager comes with an easy-to-understand reflexology chart to help you keep your feet in perfect health. It measures 7.5 X 11.2 X 2.5 inches and has 24 knobs to massage every part of your feet.
The anti-slip coating will keep it stable on any floor to protect your feet from slipping injuries. However, most users find the coating smell quite disturbing, so the device should be aired before use.
- People who are on a tight budget.
- Applying acupuncture pressure to tired feet.
- Massaging away from home.
2. Arealer Foot Spa Bath Massager with Automatic Foot Massage Rollers & Temperature Control
- Spa massager that uses heat and water pressure.
- Automatic rolling motion.
- Temperature control.
- Softens and exfoliates dry skin.
- Can be used with or without water.
Owning this foot massager is like having your special therapeutic spa. It combines the benefits of heat and the rolling motion to relieve the pain of the injured plantar fasciitis. Using infrared heating, the water will heat up fast and stay warm to boost the blood circulation and help heal the damaged ligaments.
Using the controller, you can set the temperature of water from 35 to 48 degrees Celsius, to keep your feet warm and help release tension after a long tiring day. The bubble function gently massages your injured plantar fasciitis while the water softens the skin and makes your feet look and feel fresh.
Some people find this device more useful when they add a few drops of essential oil or Epsom salt. You can also use the automatic roller function to knead your plantar fasciitis and overused ligaments to relieve pressure and pain.
In addition to relieving pain and discomfort, people love the cosmetic benefits of this device. The warm water softens the skin, while the stone exfoliates and removes dead dry skin for feet that look and feel good.
You can get rid of the water easily. However, you must dry it very well to avoid the growth of fungus. It measures 17 x 10.6 x 17.7 inches, weighs 7.4 pounds, and comes with a non-slip handle but not suitable for use away from home.
Users enjoy the versatility of this foot massager as you can use it with or without water. It will also maintain the temperature to provide you with the most relaxing experience.
- People who spend long hours standing or walking.
- Removing dry skin.
- Keeping the feet feeling and looking fresh.
- Relieving the pain of plantar fasciitis.
3. Nekteck Foot Massager with Heat
- Affordable electric massager.
- Six massage heads to massage pressure points.
- Optional heat function.
- Can be manipulated using the toes.
Although this is an electric massager, it’s not as expensive as other models. It features six massage heads with 18 rotating nodes that massage several pressure points in your tired feet. You can use it with or without heat to relieve pain and pressure.
This machine is straightforward to operate, so it’s suitable for older people who want a simple yet functional design. The controls are easy to manipulate using your toes which is another plus, so you won’t have to bend down or reach out for remote control.
Although the speed and intensity of this device aren’t adjustable, you can adjust the intensity of massaging by changing the height. The arch of the massager can be adjusted to three different heights to suit all users.
This is a good option for people who don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on a foot massager. It comes with a manual switch for the heating option for maximum safety.
If you feel that the massaging pressure is too much for you, you can place a towel between the nodes and your heel until you get used to the pressure.
It might not work for you if the arches of your feet are too high because the rolling motion won’t affect your plantar fasciitis. The heating element is rather mild, so it will provide a soothing effect that helps you relax after a long day.
This is a corded model, measuring 15.8 x 14.2 x 3.2 inches and weighing 7.7 pounds. It’s not heavy and can be used on the go, but you’ll need access to a power source.
- Older people who don’t want to bend.
- People who like mild heat.
- Users with low arches.
4. uComfy Shiatsu Foot Massager with Multi-Level Settings, Delivers Deep-Kneading Massage Relief
- Five different speed options.
- Combines massaging pressure and heat to relieve pain.
- Two different massaging styles.
- Oval and round models are available.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
This massager comes in two different shapes to provide the best massaging options for tired feet. The round and oval models are designed to trigger pressure points and relieve stress that causes pain.
Users get to enjoy the perks of two massaging styles; the kneading shiatsu massage, and the vibration massage. Both styles can be combined with heat to provide better therapeutic effects, granting maximum versatility.
This foot massager has five different massaging speeds. Users are able to gradually increase speed while avoiding pain and discomfort. Excessive massaging can be quite painful, especially at the beginning. This device will allow you to customize your massage session, increasing the heat and pressure if you can tolerate it.
Infrared light is used to provide safe heat that boosts the blood flow, helps regenerate the injured tissues, and facilitates the release of toxins. It’s safe, so it doesn’t’ damage the skin of your feet or cause them to be excessively dry.
The controls of this device are located in the center, which can be a little inconvenient, especially if you suffer from lower back pain or can’t bend properly. Although some users manipulate the controls using their toes, older and diabetic patients find this extremely difficult.
Thanks to the design, your feet will fit snuggly to be massaged from all sides. The device can be easily wiped clean using a damp cloth to protect your skin from infections. The foot covers are removable and machine washable to help you maintain your device for years.
If you’re looking for a portable model, then this device might not be the best option for you. It measures 17.7 X 15 X 18.1 inches and weighs 12 pounds so it might fit into a suitcase, but isn’t suitable for massaging on the go.
- Resolving the pain of plantar fasciitis.
- Relaxing feet after a long day.
- Improving blood circulation.
- Applying kneading shiatsu massage to pressure points.
5. Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager with Deep-Kneading, Multi-Level Settings
- Five different massaging pressure settings.
- Kneading and vibration massaging options.
- Heating function to relieve stress.
- Wireless remote controls.
This modern-looking massager comes with five different pressure levels to help you adjust to the rolling motion. The kneading motion and air force press on several pressure points to relieve the pain of plantar fasciitis.
The feet chambers are designed to massage the bottom and sides of feet. The shiatsu nodes help with the recovery of injured plantar fasciitis and ligaments to keep your feet healthy and pain-free.
For best results, it’s recommended to start using it for 15 minutes a day until you become more tolerant. Most people feel that their feet are sore, especially if they use the massager for too long or on the highest pressure. Using it for more than 30 minutes can cause pain and discomfort.
This foot massager comes with two wireless remote controls to help you adjust the pressure and heat for maximum convenience. Alternating between kneading and vibration will help your injured plantar fasciitis heal faster.
The cloth is removable and easy to clean for proper maintenance. The device is rather heavy, weighing 12 pounds but is good value for money since it can provide several options.
- Older people who don’t want to bend or look for buttons.
- People who suffer from plantar fasciitis.
- Injuries to the bottom and side of feet.
6. Foot Bath Massager with Heat
- Spa foot massager that uses the power of water and bubbles.
- Several massaging options to relieve pain.
- Adjustable heat.
- Toe-friendly LCD.
People who use this foot massager confirm that their feet never felt or looked better. It features six motorized pressure node rollers that target your strained plantar fasciitis. Moreover, you get to choose between bubbles, heating, and kneading to boost blood circulation and relieve pain.
The heating element heats the water for up to 118 degrees Fahrenheit to reduce swelling and pain at the end of the day. The warm water also helps soften the skin, so you can have a pedicure to keep your feet look and feel healthy.
It measures 16.5 x 14.5 x 11 inches and weighs 10 pounds, so you can easily store it. The six shiatsu rollers combine with the bubbles to help your plantar fasciitis feel better and heal faster. You can also add some drops of essential oil or Epsom salt for more therapeutic benefits. However, since this massager uses water, it’s not suitable for people who want to massage their feet in the office.
The temperature, as well as the massaging function, can be easily adjusted from the control panel, where your option appears on an LCD. This way you can customize the massage experience to suit you. As a bonus, you can manipulate the control panel using your toes.
People, who suffer from severe plantar fasciitis, find this massager too mild. Diabetic patients who have problems with their feet sensation have to bend down to reach the buttons. It should be thoroughly drained and dried to avoid fungal infections.
- People who wish to get rid of dry skin.
- Tired and swollen feet.
- Users who wish to enjoy the spa experience at home.
7. Moji Foot Pro, Compact Foot Massager for Recovery, Relief for Plantar Fasciitis
- Affordable massaging tool.
- Spheres rotate in 360 degrees.
- Can be used cold.
- Lightweight and compact design.
- No need for electricity.
This metal manual massager is an upgrade from wooden models. This is a portable device that you can use in the office or on the bus because it’s lightweight and convenient to use.
With six stainless steel spheres, your feet will enjoy 360 degrees rotating massage that applies pressure to the whole plantar fascia area. You can apply pressure as much as you want to, and alter its place to trigger pressure points in the arch or heel.
It comes with a slip-resistant base that keeps it stable. This means that you can use it on any surface, even when you’re standing. You can easily clean it using alcohol wipes, or always use it with socks to avoid contamination. With socks, it’s the perfect choice for the whole family.
This is a good choice for diabetic people who want to avoid infections. You can also place it in the freezer for a cooling sensation at the end of the day. Nevertheless, people who suffer from plantar fasciitis and neuropathy find that the pain gets worse when the massager is cold.
If you’re looking for a versatile and affordable foot massager, then you should buy this one. It’s portable, weighing only 1.1 pounds and measuring 4.4 x 4 x 1.5 inches so it can be easily placed in your backpack. You can also use it to massage other parts of the body, like the neck or shoulders.
- People who are on a tight budget.
- Diabetic patients who wish to avoid infections.
- Tired people who have sore and hot feet at the end of the day.
- Users who wish to massage their feet in the office or on the go.
8. AW Shiatsu Foot Massager Kneading and Rolling Leg Calf Ankle with Remote Control
- Medium-priced electric foot massager.
- Three different massaging speeds.
- Choose between kneading, rolling or massaging to target different parts of the feet and legs.
This is an amazing foot massager that you can use to overcome the problem of plantar fasciitis. It provides several kneading and massaging options to keep your feet in top condition.
If you’re looking for a medium-priced electric massager, then this one might be for you. It provides excellent versatility with four massaging options that target the plantar fasciitis, heels, toes, and arches.
Users get the chance to select the kneading, rolling, or massaging option that combine the therapeutic benefits of shiatsu massages and reflexology. It’s a great choice for people who want to relieve and freshen up their feet at the end of a long day.
You can either choose the manual or automatic option to target the pressure points in your feet. The device is controlled either using the handy control panel or the remote control for maximum convenience.
The cloth is removable for easy maintenance. This way, you can guarantee that your massager will always be clean. It’s quite heavy weighing 17 pounds, so it’s not a portable option that you can use away from home.
Although lots of people love this device, it lacks the heating element that can help relieve stress and tension.
- Targeting different pressure points in the feet.
- Dealing with plantar fasciitis.
- People who want to massage different parts of their legs.
9. MedMassager MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager
- Durable and well-built massager.
- Ultra-modern design.
- 11 massaging speeds.
Although this foot massager is quite expensive compared to other models, it provides more options than any other device on our list. Users get to choose between 11 different speeds to adjust the massaging experience according to their needs. However, most users expect to have a heating option at that price tag.
It can be adjusted from 1000 to 3700 rpm to target the plantar fasciitis. The oscillating foot pad is suitable for everyone in the family, has an arch bar, and special pressure points targeting surface.
The adjustable speeds promote a better blood circulation especially for people who suffer from diabetes or neuropathy. This foot massager is an excellent option for diabetic people who want to avoid injuries and infections because you can use it while wearing your socks. It’s very well-built.
The ultra-modern design easily fits under your desk or in the living room to relieve stress and pain. The angle is designed to promote more comfort for people who have sore feet at the end of the day. Although it measures 16 x 12 x 9.5 inches and weighs 11 pounds, it’s convenient to use in the office or any other place where you have access to electricity.
- Dealing with plantar fasciitis pain.
- Helping diabetic people have healthier feet.
- Fast massaging to promote improved blood flow to the feet.
- Relieving the pain of neuropathy.
How to Choose the Best Foot Massager for Plantar Fasciitis?
Since plantar fasciitis is quite common, there are lots of options out there for people who are looking for a home remedy. Here are some tips that can help you while shopping for a good foot massager.
There are several types available, so you can narrow your options when you’re looking for a new foot massager. You can either find manual, electric or spa foot massagers.
A manual foot massager usually looks like a tube that the user rolls manually while moving their feet to the front and back. The tube applies moderate pressure that kneads the injured tissue to boost the blood circulation and promote faster healing.
Most people prefer a manual foot massager because it’s quite affordable and the user can control the pressure. He or she can focus on a painful area or limit the rolling motion according to their convenience. Manual massagers are portable and easy to use.
An electric foot massager is more advanced. The user simply puts his or her feet on the massager, and it does all the work. The rolling action is designed to focus on several pressure points.
Spa foot massagers use the rolling motion combined with the therapeutic properties of water to alleviate pain and discomfort. These massagers are typically larger and come with special features as the water current contributes to the massaging process. They’re not portable, but they’re very relaxing.
You can find this option in electric and spa massagers only. With a manual model, you can control the rolling speed and pressure easily. Users can select the most comfortable speed to start with, then shift to a higher one if necessary. The gradual shift in speed will promote better blood circulation to help the pain resolve.
Applying heat to injured plantar fasciitis can accelerate the healing process. Some models will only provide heat for therapeutic benefits, while others will use the pressure and warmth of hot water for extra massaging.
That extra warmth is relaxing and reduces swelling, especially if you tend to stand or walk for long hours. Models that have a heat option are usually larger.
With electric and spa massagers, there will be several options that allow you to benefit from a customized massage session. This means, however, that you might have to bend down to increase or decrease speed and pressure.
Bending down can be a real problem, especially for older people or those who are dealing with chronic back pain. There are several models where the users can control the massaging speed using their toes. More advanced models have remote controls that are easy and convenient to use. But these models are usually more expensive.
The most portable models are manual massagers. Some options have multiple rollers held together by a frame to massage different pressure points in the feet, but they’re still quite portable compared to electric devices. A manual massager can easily fit into your backpack if you wish to massage your feet away from home.
Electric foot massagers are typically bigger and more difficult to carry around. Moreover, you’ll need access to a power source if you wish to massage your feet while on the go.
Spa massagers that have water jets to apply pressure are big and not portable. They, however, provide excellent relaxing massages that can relieve the pain to a great extent.
Selecting the right foot massager for plantar fasciitis will provide outstanding health benefits. You’ll feel more refreshed when your feet don’t hurt anymore, and you’ll be able to resume your daily activities comfortably.
Think of what you expect from the massager, where you will plan to use it, and the health problems that you suffer from and you’ll definitely find a device that works for you.
- HoMedics Shiatsu Air Pro Foot Massager Review
- 9 Best Zero Gravity Massage Chairs: Your Easy Buying Guide
- Real Relax Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Massage Chair Review
- How Often You Really Need to Get a Massage
Yorvana is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.