Are you tossing and turning every night? Do you work the graveyard shift and have to sleep while the sun is up and the rest of the world enjoys the day? Are you going on a long trip and in need of some shut-eye as the miles fly by? If any of these apply to you, then you may be in need of a sleeping mask.
If you are a side sleeper, there are additional factors to consider when searching for a good sleeping mask. Sleeping on your side while using the wrong type of eye mask can cause you much discomfort and may even add to sleeplessness.
- Top 10 Sleep Mask for Side Sleepers Reviewed
- 1. Advanced Weighted Sleep Mask
- 2. Ergonomic Sleep Mask
- 3. Dream Sleeper Sleep Mask
- 4. Light Blocking Silk Satin Sleep Mask
- 5. Silk Sleep Mask & Blindfold
- 6. Sleep Mask Blindfold Eye Shades
- 7. Silk Sleeping Eye Mask
- 8. Sleep Mask For Woman & Men by RiptGear
- 9. BearMoo 3D Contoured Sleeping Eye Mask
- 10. PrettyCare 3D Sleep Mask
- Best Sleep Masks for Side Sleepers Buyers guide
- Tips For a Good Night Sleep Using an Eyemask:
Top 10 Sleep Mask for Side Sleepers Reviewed
Here is a list of the top 10 sleeping masks for side sleepers to help you get a better night sleep. We’ve also included a buyers guide and some tips to help you in your quest for the perfect night sleep!
1. Advanced Weighted Sleep Mask
This advanced weighted sleep mask is made with highly durable materials and is designed to withstand daily use. It has a double sided feature so you can wear it silk side down for a night-time cooling effect or fleece side down for extra comfort and warmth. The mask is designed for both men and women with its adjustable elastic strap design that measure 12 inches in length and 4.5 inches in height.
- Size/Weight12 x 4.5 inches11.1 ounces
- MaterialsDouble-sided quality fabrics, silk & fleeceAdjustable elastic strap
- Those who want to use either a cooling effect or a warming effect for sleep
- People who are traveling
- Migraine sufferers may find relief from using the cooling effect side of the mask
- People who suffer from insomnia or stress
2. Ergonomic Sleep Mask
A 3D ergonomically designed sleeping mask for both men and women. It has been created with a memory sponge interior that is contoured to eliminate eye fatigue and is covered in a soft, comfortable fabric. Its design puts zero pressure on the eyes which may help to induce REM sleep. The 3D contour nose section prevents any light from entering the mask area. It has an easy-to-adjust headband so anyone can benefit from the sleeping mask.
- Size/Weight9 x 3.8 x 0.5 inches 5.6 ounces
- MaterialsSoft polyester fabricMemory sponge
Elasticized rope with buckle closure
- AccessoriesSound proof ear plugsTravel pouch
- People who have difficulty achieving REM sleep
- Those who need absolute darkness for the best sleep
- People who suffer from dry eyes
3. Dream Sleeper Sleep Mask
A fully adjustable sleep mask that fits all heads, sizes, and shapes with its single wide Velcro back. The mask has been designed to block out 100 percent light so you can get the sleep you need. It is also hypoallergenic and latex free so there will be one less thing to worry about as you drift off to sleep.
- Size/Weight5.9 x 10.2 inches0.96 ounces
- MaterialsHypoallergenic, latex free materialAdjustable Velcro strap
- Light sleepers who also have allergies
- People who are daytime sleepers
- Those who are traveling
4. Light Blocking Silk Satin Sleep Mask
A 100 percent light blocking sleep mask designed to surround the head and eyes comfortably. This extra wide mask ensures that no light will get beneath the mask so you can get a better night sleep. It is lightweight, breathable, and soft against the face, providing non-irritating comfort to the skin. It comes with a fully adjustable Velcro strap so the mask will fit your head perfectly.
- Size/Weight2 ounces
- MaterialsSilk satin fabricVelcro adjustable strap
- AccessoriesProfessional earplugs
- People who work the graveyard shift
- People who suffer from sleep disorders
- Those who want to enhance their sleep stages
5. Silk Sleep Mask & Blindfold
A flexible and durable sleep mask that fits around the head comfortable with a high elastic strap. It has a nose guard which makes the mask 30 percent more efficient at keeping out that unwanted light. The mask is covered in high-quality silk for added comfort and is suitable for both men and women.
- MaterialsHigh quality, all-natural mulberry silkElastic strap
- People who are traveling
- Those who need a little extra help with meditation
- People who suffer from eye puffiness
6. Sleep Mask Blindfold Eye Shades
100 percent light blocking sleep mask that molds to the shape of your face. The mask is designed to help you get to sleep faster and achieve that eight hours of sleep you so long for. It has a comfortable strap and is made from a soft fleece-type material for added comfort.
- Size/Weight9.8 x 0.8 x 3.9 inches2.08 ounces
- MaterialsFleece-type material
- AccessoriesEar plugs and case Travel pouch
- People who suffer from migraines
- Those who suffer from insomnia and sleep problems
- People who travel and are always on the go
7. Silk Sleeping Eye Mask
A soft, smooth night blindfold for men, women, and children. Ideally used as an eye relaxer and sleep aid, the mask is made of high-quality natural mulberry silk on both sides and has a fully adjustable headband that won’t tangle in the hair. The adjuster stays comfortably at the back of the head and not the temples which makes this an ideal mask for side sleepers.
- MaterialsHigh-quality natural mulberry silkAdjustable strap
- Those who sleep in rooms with annoying lights
- People traveling on a plane, train, or in car
- Those that have to sleep on-the-go such as at a hotel
8. Sleep Mask For Woman & Men by RiptGear
An ultralight, no pressure eye mask with adjustable straps and breathable material designed for both men and women. The mask is designed with 3D contours and a protective curve to keep the material away from the eyelids. It is hypoallergenic with a high-quality sponge that conforms to facial contours and is soft against the skin.
- Size/Weight8.9 x 3.4 x 0.5 inches
- MaterialsHypoallergenic materials and spongeAdjustable Velcro strap
- People with sleep disorders and insomnia
- Those who suffer from migraine headaches
- People with allergies
9. BearMoo 3D Contoured Sleeping Eye Mask
An ergonomically designed eye mask for both men and women. The mask is specially designed by the nose area to ensure minimal light is allowed inside the mask while reducing 99 percent of pressure to the area. It is made of a low rebound memory foam and ultra fine fiber fabric for optimal comfort to the skin. It also has an adjustable strap that will not get tangled in your hair while sleeping.
- Size/Weight7.8 x 3.5 x 0.6 inches
- MaterialsUltra-fine fiber fabricRebound memory foam
Adjustable Velcro strap
- Accessories None
- People seeking relaxation during meditation and yoga
- Traveling and long drives
- People who need to black out their sleeping area
10. PrettyCare 3D Sleep Mask
A two-pack eye mask set suitable for men, women, and children. It has a super-slim design made of high-density memory foam with large eye cavities, a raised nasal bridge, and thickened canthus to ensure that the mask does not press against the eyelids and eyelashes. The mask is made of anti-fade, antibacterial, and anti-mite materials and has a loop style strap designed so that it won’t tug on your hair.
- Size/Weight10 x 6.5 x 0.6 inches
- MaterialsOeko-Tex Standard and international high standard materialsHigh-density foam
- AccessoriesTwo ear plugsTravel pouch
- People who suffer from dark circles and puffy eyes
- Insomnia sufferers
- People who travel long distances and want to maintain their eye make-up appearance
Best Sleep Masks for Side Sleepers Buyers guide
Sleeping masks are designed in a variety of materials. The fabrics used can be anywhere from polyester and cotton to fleece or silk. Some masks are even made out of hypoallergenic materials that are ideal for allergy sufferers.
Ergonomically designed masks are made of a memory type foam that has large eye cavities so that the fabric will not push on the eyelids and lashes. These styles are ideal for reducing eye puffiness and for people who are traveling and do not want any eye make-up disturbed while snoozing.
All masks are generally designed to keep light out but some go the distance in the amount of light they can actually keep hidden from your eyes. If you need absolute darkness to sleep then you’ll want to take the design into consideration when picking out your sleep mask. Masks that have a heavy duty construction will keep out more light then masks that are thin and flimsy.
Some masks are designed in such a way that they contour around the nose, keeping even the tiniest of light from seeping through. If you are a very light sleeper, or work at night and sleep during the day, then you may want to consider a mask that eliminates as much light as possible.
Eye masks are also equipped with different types of straps and clasps. Some are tied securely in place, others are secured with Velcro, and some are secured with clasps. Side sleepers will want to make sure that they get a sleeping mask that secures in a location other than the side of the head.
Tips For a Good Night Sleep Using an Eyemask:
Choose the Right Mask
If you are in need of a mask for sleeping in a darkened room at night then you will not need to get a thick or heavy duty mask. However, if you are sleeping during the day, or need one for long travel such as on a plane or a long car trip, then you may need a mask that can block as much light as possible.
As a side sleeper, you will want to make sure that the tie or clasp is located in an area that will not put pressure on your head while sleeping. You will also want to make sure that the strap is easily adjustable to the size of your head and will not get entangled in your hair.
You will also want to make sure to pick a comfortable and breathable fabric. If you have allergies, you will want to make sure that the materials are hypoallergenic so that you will not experience any allergic reactions or discomfort.
When wearing a mask you will want to make sure that it is a proper fit. Once you have made all the right adjustments, the mask should fit tightly enough on your face and head that it does not slide around, yet not so tight that it is pressing down on your eyes. The mask should also be snug around the bridge of your nose to eliminate light from sneaking in around that area.
Get Ready, Set, and Sleep
Before getting into bed for the night, adjust the sleep mask according to your face and head. You’ll want to do this before actually going to sleep to avoid unnecessary aggravation. You may need someone to assist you if the mask needs to be tied closed.
Shift the mask up to your forehead after it has been adjusted properly. This will ensure that it can be quickly and easily slid back down over your eyes when you are ready to go to sleep.
You can now go about your regular bedtime routine, whether that be reading a book or magazine, or just relaxing in bed before turning the lights off. Try to avoid electronic devices such as your phone or television. These devices emit a light that can make it difficult for you to fall asleep. Once you are done relaxing, simply slide the mask down over your eyes and enjoy a good night sleep.
Yorvana is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.