We recommend products based on unbiased research from our editorial team. We may receive a small compensation at no extra cost to you if you click on a link. Read More.
If you’re a side sleeper you may already know about all the benefits that come from your preferred sleeping method. Side sleeping can help alleviate snoring, as well as aid with the pain of fibromyalgia and arthritis. If you’re a side sleeper, or are thinking about trying side sleeping you may be looking for ways to maximize your comfort to get a great night’s sleep, and the best way to do that is finding a body pillow that’s right for you.
We’ve looked at some of the best selling body pillows for side sleepers available and provided a list below to help you find the pillow that’s right for you.
The Best Body Pillows For Side Sleepers Reviews:
- 1. MoMA Premium Adjustable Loft Quilted Body Pillow
- 2. Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Full Size Body Pillow
- 3. Utopia Bedding Soft Body Pillow
- 4. EnerPlex Never-Flat Body Pillow
- 5. Coop Home Goods – Adjustable Body Pillow
- 6. Moonlight Slumber Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow
- 7. Milliard Body Pillow with Shredded Memory Foam
- 8. AllerEase 100% Cotton Allergy Protection Medium Density Body Pillow
- 9. Sleep Innovations Embrace Memory Foam Body Pillow
- Body Pillows Buying Guide
1. MoMA Premium Adjustable Loft Quilted Body Pillow
The MoMA Premium adjustable pillow allows you to customize the level of firmness by adding or removing polyester filling until you’ve achieved your desired comfort level. While additional stuffing is not provided, you can contact the manufacturer and they will send you additional stuffing to add to your pillow.
Some reviews mention that the pillow is too soft initially but it is better once more material is added so keep in mind that that might be necessary. Some customers have mentioned that since this material consists of loose fibers it can be a little messy when you add or remove it.
If you’re still not happy with your pillow after you adjust it their 100% satisfaction guaranteed warranty means you can contact the manufacturer for a refund, no questions asked. This risk-free purchase allows you to try it out without worrying about what will happen if you don’t like it.
The pillowcase is made from 100% polyester which is non-toxic and hypoallergenic. One side is quilted and the other is smooth so you can pick whichever is most comfortable for you. The zipper is enclosed in a fold in the material so it won’t scratch you or catch on your clothes or bedding.
While the pillowcase is a great addition to this pillow, some have mentioned that it is hard to get the pillow into the case and that the case can cause the pillow to retain heat which isn’t comfortable for warm nights. Make sure you also check our guide to the best sleep masks for side sleepers.
- Fully adjustable
- Easy to clean
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Provided pillow cover
- Adjusting the pillow can be messy
- May be too soft for people looking for a firm pillow
- Hard to get into the pillow cover
- Retains heat
2. Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Full Size Body Pillow
The Snuggle-Pedic promises an award-winning body pillow that provides orthopedic support while being hypoallergenic and toxin-free. If you’ve been having a hard time finding a pillow that you’re happy with you can work with them to have your pillow customized to your specific requirements to ensure that you have a pillow that’s perfect for you.
Some customers report that the Kool-Flow pillow cover does not stay cool as claimed and while the pillow started out comfortable it did not retain its firmness over time. Reviewers also note that the stuffing has a tendency to move from the knee area and into the ends while you sleep.
Considering that many customers seem to be happy with their purchase, it may be worth trying it for the duration of the 120 night love it or send it back policy to see if it’s the right pillow for you.
- Kool-Flow pillow cover keeps you cool all night
- Machine Washable
- Hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant
- Uses Biogreen and CertiPUR-US foam that is free from ozone depleters and other toxins
- 120 night love it or send it back policy with no cost return (through the manufacturer)
- Factory can customize the support, firmness, thickness, weight, and buoyancy to meet your specific needs
- Pillow cover is not removable
- Large and cumbersome
- Stuffing moves around inside the case and settles in areas of least pressure
- Doesn’t retain firmness over time
- Long drying time, hard to fit in the dryer
- Strong chemical smell
3. Utopia Bedding Soft Body Pillow
The Utopia Bedding soft body pillow provides comfort and durability as well as much needed support for your back and joints. The double-stitched edges ensure that you don’t have to worry about a seam coming apart in the wash.
The quality in these pillows seems to be inconsistent. Customers mention that they’ve repurchased this pillow after one they previously purchased wore out and their new pillow did not have the same quality as their first pillow.
If you move around a lot in your sleep then this pillow may not be the one for you, the size and weight make it difficult to reposition. Be sure to also check out our guide to the best bath pillows and pick your favorite.
- Ball fiber filling provides support for shoulders, hips, and back
- 100% cotton outer shell for comfort and durability
- Double-stitched edges provide seam strength
- machine washable
- Inconsistent quality
- Doesn’t keep its shape over time
- Large and heavy
4. EnerPlex Never-Flat Body Pillow
The EnerPlex Never-Flat Body Pillow is made from shredded memory foam and 60% polyester and 40% bamboo derived viscose rayon that has been CertiPur-UW Certified to be free from harmful chemicals. The addition of the polyester and viscose rayon blend allows airflow throughout the pillow core to help keep you cool at night while also ensuring the shredded memory foam does not clump together.
This pillow comes with a five year warranty and promises to never go flat because it contains 20% more memory foam than other leading pillows. They offer a 180 night sleep challenge with satisfaction guaranteed. If you ever have a problem with your pillow you can contact their customer service for assistance.
Even though this pillow claims to never go flat, some reviewers mention that it does not retain support over time. Much like other pillows on this list there have also been some issues with the stuffing moving from the center of the pillow out into the ends, leaving little support for the knees.
One of the most mentioned complaints about this pillow is the chemical smell. Customers report that there is a very strong smell from the outset that either takes a while to dissappate or in some cases never goes away. You may have to allow plenty of time for this pillow to air out before use.
- Money back guarantee with five year warranty
- Made from shredded memory foam and a polyester/viscose rayon blend
- CertiPUR-US Certified free from harmful chemicals
- Machine washable
- Strong chemical smell
- Doesn’t retain support over time
- Heavy and hard to move around
- Foam moves around inside the case
5. Coop Home Goods – Adjustable Body Pillow
The Coop Home Goods adjustable body pillow promises a great night of snore free sleep and stands by that promise with a 100 night trial period. If you don’t like your pillow at the end of that trial period you can contact them for a full refund, no questions asked. Their five year warranty protects against manufacturer’s defects.
The core of the pillow opens with a zipper so that you can add and remove stuffing until you achieve the level of firmness you like. You can also choose to add extra stuffing to certain areas, so if you need more firmness in between your knees to keep your hips aligned you can add more stuffing there to achieve a body pillow that is customized for your body.
One thing that gets mentioned frequently even in negative reviews is the fact that the customer service team at Coop is top notch. If you have a problem with your pillow or want to request a refund they are friendly, knowledgeable, and ready to help.
This pillow is also said to have a chemical smell, much like the EnerPlex pillow. It will also need a few days to air out prior to use. Customers mentioned that the smell gave them a headache.
- Medium firm density
- Stuffing is a blend of memory foam and microfiber
- Ability to add and remove fiber to customize firmness
- CertiPUR-US and GreenGuard Gold certified for low VOC emissions
- 100 night trial period
- 5 year warranty
- Great customer service
- Chemical smell
- Lumpy, heavy, hard to maneuver
- Stuffing settles into areas with the least pressure
6. Moonlight Slumber Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow
The Moonlight Slumber Comfort U total body support pillow is the only U shaped pillow on our list. The U shape is meant to provide total support to your back, neck, hips, and shoulders while cradling you for maximum comfort. The Synthetic down stuffing allows air flow to regulate your body temperature while also retaining it’s shape and support and it comes with a hypoallergenic organic cotton pillow case. The whole pillow is machine washable and dryer safe.
Some reviewers mention that there may be a quality control issue with this pillow. While some pillows are well made and perform as advertised, others are over or understuffed and leading to awkward body positioning or flat areas within the pillow. If you do receive a pillow that is not performing as you’d hoped it would it can be hard to return because of it’s size.
- Aligns hips, neck, shoulders, and back
- Body temperature regulating
- Organic natural cotton pillowcase
- Machine washable, dryer safe
- Will never flatten, clump, or lump
- Curved to support your body
- Inconsistent quality
- Very large and hard to return
7. Milliard Body Pillow with Shredded Memory Foam
The Milliard body pillow is Amazon’s Choice for Memory Foam Body Pillow. It’s body contouring memory foam is completely customizable to ensure that you have the right level of firmness for a restful night’s sleep. Some customers have said that the pillow is not firm enough initially but you can contact the manufacturer for more filling to add to the pillow.
The chief complaint about this pillow is that the seams are not as well sewn as they should be. Several customers have mentioned that their pillow came apart at the seam and stuffing came out. Since the pillow is made with shredded memory foam the leaking stuffing caused a mess.
Customers have also stated that the pillow can be heavy and hard to move around. If you roll around a lot in your sleep this pillow may not be right for you.
- Body contouring memory foam
- Machine washable outer cover
- Heavy and uncomfortable
- Seams not well sewn
8. AllerEase 100% Cotton Allergy Protection Medium Density Body Pillow
The AllerEase 100% cotton allergy protection body pillow promises complete allergen protection so you can kiss your days of waking up stuffy goodbye. Not only is this pillow made from hypoallergenic cotton and fiberfill, it also offers barrier protection from dust, pollen, pet dander, and other household allergens.
The fiberfill allows airflow to keep you cool and comfortable all night, and is also machine washable and dryer safe. If you find your pillow is flattening, just run it through the washer and dryer and it’ll puff back up.
The most concerning thing about this item that has been mentioned in multiple reviews is that customers have received pillows that have mildew or bugs on them. The pillow is shrink wrapped prior to being boxed and the mildew and bugs were found inside the shrink wrap leading them to believe that these issues originated at the manufacturer. Some customers have also mentioned skin irritation occurring after the use of the pillow.
- 100% cotton cover with hypoallergenic fiberfill
- Barrier protection against allergens
- Keeps you cool and comfortable all night
- Machine washable, dryer safe
- Lightweight, easily pushed off bed during sleep
- Smaller than advertised
- Too soft, won’t support legs
- Inconsistent quality
- Complaints of mildew, bugs, and skin irritation
9. Sleep Innovations Embrace Memory Foam Body Pillow
The Sleep Innovations Embrace memory foam body pillow guarantees that you’ll be surprised at the difference it will make in your sleep. The hypoallergenic cover is fiber filled for softness and comfort while the memory foam core provides support to your back and joints. This pillow is made in the USA and comes with a five year manufactuer’s warranty.
Some customers have complained that this pillow is overstuffed, heavy, and bulky which makes it hard to move around at night. There have also been comments on the zipper being of poor quality, causing it to come apart and allow the fiber filling to leak out and cause a mess.
- Made from memory foam
- Full Body Support
- Five year warranty
- Includes pillowcase
- Not entirely made of memory foam
- Heavy, bulky
- Poor quality zipper
Body Pillows Buying Guide
Finding the perfect body pillow is essential for people who enjoy sleeping on their sides, but it’s often difficult to find one that will meet your needs. One of the most important functions of a body pillow is supporting your knees and neck to keep your spine and hips aligned. Having the proper alignment while you are sleeping will help to alleviate pain in your back, neck, shoulders, and hips. You’ll want to look for a pillow that is comfortable, yet supportive.
You’ll also want to consider the length and shape of your body pillow. If you’re taller you may want to look for a longer pillow, while shorter people may find a long pillow too cumbersome and difficult to sleep with. Most body pillows are similar to longer versions of a normal bed pillow, while others are made to wrap around your entire body.
If you’re going to be buying a pillow online it’s also important to consider the return policy. Body pillows can be pricey and you’ll want to make sure you’ll be able to try it out for a period of time to make sure you’ll like it. Be sure to look at how long the window for returns is before you make a purchase.
Finding the perfect pillow is a very personal thing, what works for one person is not guaranteed to work for someone else and sometimes it takes a fair amount of trial and error to find the pillow that’s best for you. We know how important a good night’s sleep is, and hope that this list helps you find the body pillow you’ve been searching for!
Yorvana is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.